It’s easy to join the library, it’s free and you can join at any age.
How to join
Complete the online form above. Alternatively, you can ask for an application form in any library.
Once you have completed the online form you will be able to reserve up to four items for collection in your local library. When you collect your items you will need to bring one form of identification with you to activate your full membership. Until you have done this you will not be able to use any of the additional services available.
Types of Membership
- Full Membership - ID required for up to 10 items at a time.
- Welcome Membership - No ID required for up to 4 items
- Children's Membership - Guarantor's borrower number or details required to complete the form. The guarantor is responsible for the ticket and is usually a parent, guardian or carer at the same address.
What you get
With a Torbay library card you can access the following services from any of the libraries in the Torbay:
- Borrow books and audio books - 21 day loan on most items
- Renew by phone, online or in person (maximum of 3 consecutive renewals per book)
- Use the Internet - up to one hour free per day
- Hire CDs and DVDs - 7 day hire
- Hire Language courses
- Free IT courses
You can also access our online services including the library catalogue , download eBooks and eAudio Books online and numerous online reference tools.
We can accept any of the following as proof of indentification:
- Driving licence
- Current TV licence
- Pension book
- National Health Service medical card
- Council tax bill
- Benefit book
- Services card and number
- Book prescription
- 'Keep it Moving' Traveller Card.
- Gas, electric, telephone or water rates bill
- Bank or building society statement
- Wage slip with address
Note: Items shown in bold need to be less than 4 months old.
- Torbay Libraries Enquiries
- Tel: N/A
- Fax: 01803 208311